Innovation and R&D Strategy Plan
The process that Finmeccanica has implemented, which involves all the companies, links strategies, technologies, products, resources and markets to ensure that the priority investment choices on one hand enhance the competences and distinctive excellence of the Group and, on the other, meet the real needs of its customers.
The main purpose of the Innovation and R&D Strategy Plans and in general Finmeccanica’s Technology Governance is the following:
- Support business development in each operating company;
- Make more efficient and effective use of resources involved in company R&D and research centres;
- Identify possible synergies transversal to the individual companies through an integrated Group vision;
- Establish technological relationships with Italian and international research centres and universities;
- Identify critical technologies and establish the necessary technological actions/priorities.
The plans are structured in a manner such as to present an overall view starting from the main strategies, sales and marketing data. This allows us to identify those products and services upon which to concentrate our efforts and the consequent technologies, competences and actions needed for producing these products and services as well as reaching the targeted technological level.
The final result at the Finmeccanica level is an overview -updated every year- that represents one of the main tools for achieving optimisation of the activities connected with research and development and, at the same time, reducing related costs.